Thursday 20 March 2014

Beach-combing

It was so wonderful to receive the next book, wonderful to see another's sketches and read beautiful poetry; this exchange had now really begun. 
 I decided on a beach-combing theme for Doreen; I have a large collection of beach finds as I live close to Cardigan bay on the west coast of Wales. Every time I walk on the shore I collect more shells and other things. 


 So here are the drawings; they are painted in watercolours, with quite a dry brush technique as the paper is best for this. The little Thrift flower was collected in January and sketched; they were still flowering then as our winter had been so mild. I'm not sure what kind of bird the feather is from. 


Above is Tan y Bwlch showing Aberystwyth castle in the background.


 Above is Tan y Bwlch again.


This is Ynyslas NNR, a beautiful place with a sand dune system. 
Now what to do for the next book!

2 comments:

  1. What lovely sketches of your finds. Your drawings and watercolors are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete